When you’re rug shopping for an area rug, you will fall under one of two categories: You are looking for a…
Rug Repair & Restoration
When it comes to Milwaukee rug repair and restoration, we are known as “best in class” from our customers. We repair rugs of all types, and it is all oversean by an expert – my grandfather, aka “The Rug Doctor”.
Hand-made rugs are woven not only for their beauty, but also to be used, frequently.
You may have heard the saying, “Persian rugs ware like iron”; and although that’s true, sometimes pets, kids, the vacuum cleaner, general ware and tear, and/or other reasons; your rug needs to be repaired. Please, do not have your rug repaired by a machine, or by anyone that isn’t an expert.
All of our repairs are done by hand. Below is a list of some of the repair and restoration we do, all done in-house:
- We restore water-damaged rugs, smoke damaged rugs, rugs damaged by floods, fires, etc.
- Binding the sides of your rug that are frayed or have come undone, also known as overcasting
- Repairing fringe: adding, removing, creating, or securing fringe
- Re-weaving and fixing holes, rips, and tears in your rug
- Patching holes and/or combining two parts of a rug
- Custom cutting and binding your rug to the exact size for your space
- Re-dying rugs or parts of your rug to bring back color & consistency
- Add loops or backing to your rug to be able to hang them
Our customers call my grandfather (the person who does most of the rug repairs) “The Rug Doctor”. He laughs about it, but is humbled and flattered by seeing customers so pleased with his work.
If you ever need rug repair or service in Milwaukee or the surrounding areas, send us pictures or bring the rug into our store for a free estimate. (414) 727-0007 or (414) 964-7847