If you have a wool rug, here is the DIY of how to get a stain out of your rug…
Rug Repair & Restoration
When it comes to Milwaukee rug repair and restoration, we are known as “best in class” from our customers. We repair rugs of all types, and it is all overseen by an expert – my grandfather, aka “The Rug Doctor”.
Hand-made rugs are woven not only for their beauty, but also to be used frequently.
You may have heard the saying, “Persian rugs wear like iron”, and although that’s true, sometimes pets, kids, the vacuum cleaner, general wear and tear, and many other reasons; your rug ends up needing some attention. Please, do not have your rug repaired by a machine, or by anyone that isn’t an expert. Not only with it devalue your rug, but if it isn’t responsibly repaired the first time, you will end up spending more money, taking more time and energy to have it repaired again. This is one of those cases where – you get what you pay for.
All of our repairs are done by hand. Below is a list of some of the repair and restorations we do. All are done in-house:
- Restore rugs damaged by water, smoke and fire, etc.
- Bind the sides of your rug that are frayed or have come undone, also known as overcasting
- Repair fringe: adding, removing, creating or securing fringe
- Re-weave and fix holes, rips and tears
- Patch holes and/or combine two parts of a rug
- Custom cut and bind your rug to the exact size for your space
- Re-dye rugs or parts of your rug to bring back color & consistency
- Add loops or backing to rugs for hanging
Our customers call my grandfather (the person who does most of the rug repairs) “The Rug Doctor”. He laughs about it, but is humbled and flattered by seeing customers so pleased with his work.
If you ever need a rug repaired or serviced in Milwaukee or the surrounding areas, send us pictures or bring the rug into our store for a free estimate. (414) 727-0007 or (414) 964-7847